To have a society where judgemental attitudes, discrimination and social isolation are eradicated from the lives of those facing mental ill health or who feel vulnerable due to other factors including older age, trauma & illness.'
Ensuring that the vulnerable and disadvantaged have a voice within the health and social care framework, whilst supported by experts by experience.
TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY
– be honest, transparent and ethical in all that we do
TO BE PEOPLE CENTRED
– staff, members and partners at the very heart of the organisation & decisions we make
– respect ourselves, colleagues, our workplace, members and all those we meet. Always treat others as we would like to
– remain impartial and non-judgemental
– push boundaries at every corner of the organisation to achieve the best outcome possible
TO MAINTAIN EXCELLENCE
– be an inspirational service, recognised for our standards
All our advocacy services and advocates work to the nationally recognised Advocacy Charter and Code of Practice which you can read by clicking here.